After 20 years in the business, Wilber has developed practical and efficient processes to optimize our clients’ recoveries.
These internal processes help our team members to do their job effectively and consistently, while also improving workplace satisfaction. This enhances Wilber’s ability to collect on our client’s behalf. Below you will see some of the processes we have learned and implemented that make for an excellent recovery environment and a spirit of winning.
Our work standard depends on whether we are pursuing a business, insurance carrier, or individual for payment of the damage. Below are our process standards. The average length of time that Wilber will work a file without contact or recovery is 365 days. This time frame can be adjusted at our client’s request.
If the responsable party is a commercial bussiness, Wilber adjusters will work with them to report the incident to their insurance company. Wilber will handle the negotiations and will escalate litigation or review for file closure if voluntary resolution is not possible.
Uninsured Collections Timeline
Wilber pursues the at-fault party directly to collect funds for damages paid by our clients.
Wilber Group is committed to providing top-tier service. Our mission is to provide client-partners with an excellent net return through continuously improved recovery management services and the ongoing education of our employees. Wilber strives to be the best.
- Call Auditing
- All calls at Wilber are recorded for quality assurance purposes. Auditors will pull calls for each collector periodically to ensure the proper handling of claimants during the collection “talkoff.” If additional training is needed after a call is reviewed, our training team is quick to provide instruction and correction to ensure the handling of claims meets our high Wilber standards. If there is ever a concern with a Wilber call, please contact our Client Services team; we will review the call to ensure appropriate handling.
- Wilber has the System and Organizational Controls (SOC1, SOC2), and Professional Practices Management Systems (PPMS) certifications.
- Collector Training
- Wilber collectors undergo comprehensive training before they are transitioned into the live environment of phone calls. Client expectations are a main focus point throughout training and continue on a daily basis. Our training program not only covers internal Wilber processes, but also includes industry specific subjects, such as:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Professional Telephone Collector Techniques
- Successful Work Habits for Collectors
- Statute of Limitations
- Insurance Files and Arbitration
- Negotiating Settlements
- License Suspension Process
On-the-job training and education are provided by our managers to encourage collectors to strengthen their skills and advance along the collector career path. Opportunities for industry related educational accomplishments (i.e. AIC, AINS, CSRP, CPCU, SCLA) are available to Wilber employees and encouraged through Wilber’s tuition reimbursement program. Even though Wilber places a high emphasis on education, collection success depends on other factors: tenacity, empathy, negotiating skills, and emotional intelligence. When these traits are combined, you have a Wilber collector.